Quickly Enable cscope in Vim
This post list a set of steps to quickly start browsing code in vim. Its a short version of http://cscope.sourceforge.net/cscope_vim_tutorial.html.
1. Install cscope with:
2. Make ~/.vim/plugin
3. Copy this into a file called ~/.vim/plugin/cscope_maps.vim:
4. Run this in your source tree:
The cscope status bar will grow:
Until it completes:
5. Type Control+d to quit.
6. Open a source file. Move the cursor over a symbol and type: Control+\ s.
A potentially more useful method is to present the result in a split window. With the cursor over the symbol of interest, type Control+spacebar s. Type Control+w arrowkey to enter the window. With the window selected, type Control+w q to close the window.
In addition to s you can use these:
7. Type the # of the result.
Type 2 to jump to cdns_wdt_probe
8. Type Control+t to get back to where you were, i.e. "popping off the tag stack"
GNU image from link