SWUpdate a BOOT.bin
This post shows a way to write a fallback BOOT.bin to QSPI using SWUpdate
This posts uses PetaLinux Tools 2017.4 and Swupdate v2017.1.0.
If you need help installing PetaLinux Tools 2017.4 take a look: here.
This post also requires SWUpdate running on the target.
If you need help installing SWUpdate into a build using PetaLinux Tools look: here.
1. Create a bootimage.bif
2. Create BOOT.bin
3. Create demo BOOT.bins is you need to
You can extract the cpio archive with this to check it:
4. Update ./project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/device-tree/files/system-user.dtsi to create the partitions
5. Rebuild the device-tree
Note: the first build lets you check the device-tree. The second does everything else.
6. Transfer my-software_1.0.swu to the target
7. Program the main image with
8. Program the alternative image with
Note, if you see:
You may be trying to call swupdate with the -i in the wrong place. This will cause the above error: 9. Once you have the main and alt BOOT.bin programmed to test that the first BOOT.bin was booted, you should see in XSCT:
10. To test that the second BOOT.bin was booted erase the first 32 kB of the mtd3 from the target with:
Reset the device.
Now you should see the following in XSCT:
Free Online HTML Escape / Unescape Tool - FreeFormatter.com @ link